Job title: Supplier Development Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £36.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Off-Highway Diesel Engines
A Supplier Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The SDE is responsible for the supplier's processes from design concept to the end of product life (cradle to grave). Ensuring that APQP activities related to process control are being performed by the supplier.
The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as the trusted advisor for assigned supply base through the following functional responsibilities: Assessing potential suppliers via on-site Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, Management (QCLDM) audits, driving implementation of Lean, BIQ, & APQP, continuously reviewing supplier capacity, assuring production readiness through rigorous review of supplier PPAP submission, being recognised as the expert in supplier quality.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an extensive well-rounded knowledge of multiple supplier manufacturing technologies and the following skills:
- Minimum HND in an Engineering Discipline experience in a Supplier Development Function supporting Internal Combustion Engine Components (Spark Ignition or Compression Ignition).
- Strong experience and understanding of cooling groups/radiators/charge air coolers would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous Experience of Managing Supplier Quality and Development.
- Demonstratable in depth knowledge of Supplier Issue Investigation tools.
- Demonstratable in depth Knowledge of Advance Product Quality Planning tools.
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques of 6 Sigma methodology is highly desired and will likely be attained through prior completion of Green Belt training and/or other 6 Sigma experience.
- Ability to work with an integrated team of Supplier Development and Supplier Quality Engineers and support SQE's with Velocity driven ECA (STOP) activity at Suppliers. (BIQ)
- Experienced in supporting Lean Manufacturing both at Suppliers and on Site.
Please call James Tilley for more details.