A Supplier Development Engineer is required with knowledge of procurement, commodity management and cost and value engineering. Candidates with experience of the precision engineering and manufacturing industry would be well received.
Due to continued growth this company, a global OEM engineering and manufacturing organisation based in Falmouth, Cornwall requires a confident, persuasive and commercially astute Supplier Development Engineer with procurement or supply chain experience for a new permanent role.
As a Supplier Development Engineer, you will be required to:
- Work cross functionally across the business, working as a key member of the procurement team; providing technical approval, giving input re supplier production, quality and technology capabilities; working closely with the engineering department, to source, select and embed new suppliers.
- Use your CVE / TCO experience and knowledge to lead cost reduction and VA/VE projects, optimising cost and quality, providing estimate costs at earliest possible stages of PD.
- Seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement within existing supply base, expanding supplier portfolio as appropriate to mitigate business risk; respond to quality issues as required.
The Supplier Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree in Engineering or Mechanical Supply chain or equivalent experience and previous experience within procurement or supply chain and be studying towards a CIPS qualification or be willing to learn.
- Demonstrable cost and value engineering expertise, and practical knowledge of Total Cost Evaluation Techniques.
- Lean Training and continuous improvement experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of working as a Supplier Development Engineer, with procurement and engineering experience, to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Falmouth-based manufacturing company will offer you:
- A negotiable salary of up to circa £40k per annum.
- Extensive product training and development regarding the client's product base.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Supplier Development, TCO, CVE, QCD and procurement or category management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supplier Development Engineer role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.