Supplier Development Engineers - Attractive - Permanent - Aerospace and Defence
A Supplier Development Engineer is required to join a leading Aerospace and Defence manufacturing company on Permanent basis that specialises in products primarily for the Aviation industry. The Supplier Development Engineer will work with a team to manage supplier development initiatives in their geographical area.
The focus for the Supplier Development Engineer will be improving supplier quality, supplier on-time delivery, and support supply chain strategies, etc. The successful Supplier Development Engineer will report to the UK Manager. National candidates will be considered as this company do have multiple sites that can act as a base or flexible on working from home as required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities of the Supplier Development Engineer
- Partner with key suppliers to pursue continuous improvement
- Problem solving, waste elimination with the objective of improving performance
- Implement proactive and reactive strategies and tools to improvements the supply base
- Drive problem resolution process at suppliers and perform capacity assessments
- Provide supplier quality and delivery oversight, analysis, and performance tracking
- Lead the implementation of supplier quality clinics and develop and execute action plans
- Analyse strategic supplier quality and delivery performance data
- Report results to the internal customers at various levels of the organisation
- Involve internal customers in supplier problem resolution when needed
- Contribute to advancement of tools and techniques within the Supplier Performance teams
Requirements, Experience and Skills of the Supplier Development Engineer
- Good experience in manufacturing, quality or engineering
- Six Sigma and/or Lean knowledge and certification preferred
- Experience in manufacturing and supplier quality operations
- Experience with assessing supplier capability and value stream mapping
- Experience with Advanced Quality Planning tools (such as FMEAs, Control Plans, PPAPs, etc)
- Ability to assure implementation of these tools within the supply base
- Experience with capacity analysis and production readiness tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage short term imperatives and long-term strategies
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to influence individuals and groups
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation skills
- Experience with ISO-9001 and/or AS9100 QS9000, ISO13485, TS-16949 requirements
- Knowledge of theory and application of statistical concepts
- In depth knowledge of quality systems, policies, procedures, and ability to apply them
- This job will be located in any one of the company's facilities nationally
- Frequent travel required to suppliers in the assigned area
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the products involved.
If interested in these Supplier Development Engineer role, then please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment or apply directly. Alternatively, please send suitable MS Word Format CV's directly to this Email for review. or call my direct line on 01384 446102.