- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 10 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59420
Supplier Development Engineer
6 Month (rolling contract)
Up to £31.00 p/h Ltd
Reporting to the Site Supplier Quality Manager based within Supply Network Team Based in Stafford the role of Supplier Development Engineer will provide technical expertise and leadership to the company's supply base in the execution of a robust quality plan within the suppler network.
Key skills and experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate an extensive well-rounded knowledge of multiple supplier manufacturing technologies and the following skills /capabilities.
- Minimum HND in an Engineering Discipline and substantial experience in a Supplier Development Function supporting Internal Combustion Engine Components (Spark Ignition or Compression Ignition
- Previous Experience of Managing Supplier Quality and Development
- Primary Focus on Current products introduction to new suppliers
- Demonstratable in depth knowledge of Supplier Issue Investigation tools e.g.: Root Cause Analysis/PFMEA/5 WHYS/FISHBONE / 6M/ECA / ICA / PCA (STOP/FIX)
- Demonstratable in depth Knowledge of Advance Product Quality Planning tools e.g. APQP/NPI/Gateway Conformance/PPAP Review and Approval to Design and Manufacturability requirements
- Ability to work on own initiative, with resilience to ensure Supplier implements RCCA activities and Supports APQP Gate way conformance / timing.
- Demonstratable Ability to Drive Key Target Initiatives with Suppliers. (QCLDM)
- Experienced in supporting Lean Manufacturing both at Suppliers and on Site.
- Prepared to Travel potentially on a regular basis.
- Understanding of RoHS, REACH
- Ability to work with an integrated team of Supplier Development and Supplier Quality Engineers and support SQE's with Velocity driven ECA (STOP) activity at Suppliers. (BIQ)
A Sound Understanding of the following technologies:
a) Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Casting
b) Automotive Fasteners / Fixings
c) Precision Machining
Desirable Experience / Knowledge (Not Essential):
- Understanding of Diesel Engines for Power Generation
Please apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.