- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Quality
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59337
Supplier Development Engineer
Up to £35/hr - Inside IR35
Desford/Peterborough/Peterlee/WFH - Lots of travel within Europe
36 month contract
Reporting to Supplier Quality Manager, Supplier Quality Team in Peterborough
Role Purpose and Overview:
- To provide on-site assistance & leadership to our clients supply base in the execution of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), the implementation of process control and the deployment of a continuous quality improvement process.
- To ensure that suppliers are able to meet corporate and business unit requirements for certification and quality of purchased material.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with suppliers to ensure that robust process controls are in place to prevent nonconformities, to continuously monitor supplier's key manufacturing processes and quality management system for improvement opportunities and to assist suppliers with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities to ensure production readiness for New Product Introduction (NPI).
The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for the supplier's processes from design concept to the end of product life (cradle to grave)
The SDE must be knowledgeable of technological developments and trends to guide commodity teams in advancements of design, quality and manufacturing while relying on technical process stewards for more advanced issues. They must have a thorough working knowledge of quality initiatives and methodologies.
- Experience executing quality processes with suppliers.
- Sound knowledge and experience of APQP, including the PPAP process, FMEA's, control plans, process flow, GR&R, and capability studies.
- Experience of applying 8D process or other structured problem solving techniques in a manufacturing environment.
- Industry experience in Manufacturing, Industrial, Automotive, or Aerospace.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Project management experience.
- Technical or Engineering degree level educational qualification.
- Measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of tool design.
- Material metallurgical experience.
- Experience working with Purchased finished drivetrain components such as friction materials, gear boxes, suspensions arms, braking systems and electric drives
- Understanding of supplier capacity, how to measure and OEE.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.