- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59191
Supplier Development Engineer
Attractive + car + benefits
Working for a worldwide leader in the manufacture of off-highway equipment you will provide active support in developing production component suppliers to achieve and sustain a level of Operational performance. You will continuously improve the New product Introduction, Quality, Cost and Risk performance of production component suppliers on a global basis. This role supports quality functions with critical supplier quality issue resolution.
- Review and Improve the NPI APQP processes and documentation as required, Support targeted and “at-risk” suppliers with new product introduction and facilitate from concept to launch.
- Make recommendations on new supplier additions.
- Generate robust, escalation roadmaps with suppliers.
- Work with nominated suppliers on improving business processes and control to deliver improved quality, warranty and delivery performance.
- Support Group Warranty improvement activities residing from the SWIP (Supplier Warranty Improvement program)
- Support supplier cost reduction activities through a Supply Chain Integration approach i.e. including Operational efficiency improvements, Lean transformations, VA/VE activities and collaborative cost reduction activities.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- The role requires a strong foundation in quality tools and techniques, QMS and auditing, with the ability to form close working relationships with both suppliers and internal customers.
- Expertise in a manufacturing technology is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Knowledge and experience of APQP, 8D, FMEA, SPC, Control Plans, Lean Process Management, PPAP, QMS and auditing.
- HND, Degree or equivalent qualification in manufacturing operations or engineering,.
- Six sigma certification to Green Belt level is preferred.
- Substantial experience in a similar role or supply chain development, quality, engineering, technical role or operations management role.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have a Supplier Development, Quality or Operations background who works within Manufacturing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Supplier Development Engineer role, please contact Gemma Skidmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.