- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Supply chain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 24 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58983
Supplier Collaboration Engineer
Up to £35/hr - Inside IR35
Desford/Peterborough/Peterlee/WFH - Lots of travel within Europe
36 month contract
A Supplier Collaboration Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Department and Job Overview
The Drivetrain purchasing team are responsible for the procurement and quality of components for transmissions and axles for our clients machines for mining and construction equipment.
The successful candidate will report to the European Category manager and will support both procurement (including supplier recovery plans) and quality activities (such as PPAP). This role is specific to Purchased Finished Drivetrain components namely, friction materials, gearboxes and driveshafts.
- NPI Procurement of components including engagement in APQP process
- PPAP's for new components in conjunction with the Supplier Development Engineer and Engineering teams
- Supplier recovery plans when suppliers are not meeting schedules in conjunction with facility supply chain teams
- Creation of Root cause and actions, documented and implemented as well as presenting output to stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of PPAP's and the approval process.
- Ability to lead supplier facing elements APQP projects as well as prior experience of working with APQP's.
- Negotiation experience / Managing strategic supplier relationships
- Creation of supplier Recovery plans for Assurance of supply
- Presentation skills and managing stakeholders
- CIPS desirable
- Knowledge of manufacture of splines would be desirable
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.