£20k - 22k per year + Pension, 24 days holiday
01384 446 174
Subcontract Manufacturing Coordinator
General Engineering and Manufacturing
Salary £20,000 - £22,000, 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays, healthcare plan, pension
Due to the increased volumes and stability of future orders, this well known, general engineering and manufacturing firm, has asked us to help fill a highly important role into the business. We are looking for a candidate that can manage the offsite, subcontract manufacturing work that the business puts out on a regular basis. This position could suit candidates that are perhaps in a planning type role, working with external customers, or in logistics and supply chain that are looking to move from a traditional 3pl environment to a manufacturer.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the subcontract manufacturing process.
- Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Liaising with manufacturing to determine subcontract requirements.
- Liaising with subcontractor suppliers.
- Raising of purchase orders for subcontract operations, and subsequent receipt of both purchase order and works order.
- Obtaining quotes for subcontract operations.
- Identify cost savings for subcontract services.
- Liaising with Logistics Coordinator to arrange transport of subcontract parts.
- Identify and report any quality issues.
- Ensure purchase orders have the correct costs for subcontract operations.
- Ensure clear identification of parts both when sending to subcontractor and receiving back into the company.
- Ensure parts are stored in the correct locations.
- Ensure the ERP system is accurately updated for all subcontract transactions.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements across both own and supporting departments.
- Building customer relationships (internal and external customers).
Qualifications required/ desirable.
Forklift Truck License (Desirable)
Experience required / desirable.
- Knowledge of powder coating process.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business.
- Understanding and ability to work in an SME.
- ERP systems knowledge
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.