Job Title: Structual Simulation Engineer
Contract length: 12 month
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Performance Simulation Specialist within the New Product Introduction Systems Integration Group based at our Peterborough Facility. This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with internal and industrial partners as well as will our India, China and US based sister teams. The team leads the development and validation of the engine performance installed in customer applications for the business' entire Medium Engine range, this includes global process responsibility for software, calibration and certification.
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
- Use simulation models effectively to solve urgent engineering problems.
- Provide engineering guidance and clear recommendations based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
- Close liaison with performance and software engineers, engine designers and project teams
Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
- Be familiar with some of 1D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- Have a high level of competency in the use of simulation and data-analysis tools (e.g., Matlab / Simulink)
- Have the potential to develop or improve existing physical and empirical models.
- Be able to lead issue resolution projects and teams
- Demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts
- Have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks
- Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real-world drive cycles
- Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.