£25 - 36 per hour
Structural Simulation Engineer
Peterborough (WFH Flex)
Up to £36.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Off Highway/Diesel Engines
An opportunity has arisen for a Structural Simulation Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering team, responsible for supporting the design and mechanical development of diesel engines.
You will apply your knowledge and experience of structural simulation to a variety of engaging assignments that support and enhance the performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability of our clients products.
The scope of the Structural Simulation Team's work includes core engine components and assemblies, engine-mounted components and assemblies, engine-machine integration and electrified systems.
The majority of time will be spent building linear and non-linear finite element models for solution on a powerful HPC platform.
The role will require close collaboration with design and development engineers, to understand the purpose and scope of the analysis. It is essential to interpret and communicate results effectively.
- Accredited bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering subject, plus academic or industrial experience in structural simulation
- In-depth understanding of the fundamentals of structural simulation using finite element analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform complex assignments
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively and to build effective relationships with team members
- Experience of internal combustion engines, rotating machinery or other machinery
- In-depth experience of simulating complex structural systems
Exposure to some, or all, of the following analysis tools would be useful;
- Finite element pre and post processors, such as NX or Hypermesh
- Finite element analysis solvers, such as Abaqus or Ansys
- Fatigue analysis tools, such as nCode or FEMFAT
Key Technical Skills:
- Sound engineering fundamentals
- Finite-element modelling
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.