- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 28 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61825
Up to £36/hr - Inside IR35
Remote/Desford - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
A Structural Analyst opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to join a Machine Dynamics and Vibrations analysis team, most of this global team is US-based.
You will be responsible for evaluating and developing lightweight structures, including cabs, enclosures, tanks, engine installations and operator controls from BCP’s full portfolio of machines: backhoes, small loaders, small excavators, skid steers and small dozers.
You will use finite element analysis tools to develop components to meet structural goals of strength, stiffness, fatigue life and natural frequency while meeting manufacturing and cost constraints.
You will work closely with design teams to develop new product and resolve field issues. Your work will include building, solving, and correlating finite element models, as well as supporting validation tests and processing test data.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B-eng/Masters of Engineering) in engineering or maths or physics
- Familiarity with FEA model building and results interpretation
- Experience with dynamics, vibrations, modal testing, isolation systems, digital signal processing or fatigue is not necessary but is highly desired
- Ability to understand detailed drawings and technical specifications
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Team player with the ability to interact positively with all functions and organisation levels
- Self-starting, with a natural sense of urgency
- Productive and able to manage own work
- Flexibility and ability to operate under pressure
For further information, please send your interest and CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.