over 2 years ago
Stress Engineers - Derby and Oxfordshire
We are looking for Stress Engineers for an initial 6 months for a leader in engineering services and solutions who partner with the most trusted names in Aero Engines, Aerospace & Defence to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, in the fastest and most valuable manner, spanning complex systems, platforms and products. These roles can be based either in Derby or Oxfordshire.
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering experience considered
- Hands on experience in Stress Analysis of Rotative components using any of the CAE solvers like ANSYS Classic or workbench/Abacus.
- Hands on experience on steady state and transient, linear and non-linear stress analysis and vibration analysis.
- Good understanding of Gas turbine components and materials requirements
- Hands on experience with working on certification requirements like Low Cycle Fatigue, creep, melt anomaly, damage tolerance, disc integrity (overspeed, disc burst and rim peel) and bolted flange assessment.
- Good technical report writing skills
- Experience of using SC03 tool is preferred for the Derby role.
- Tool Knowledge: Ansys (APDL and Workbench), Hypermesh, Abacus
- Experience for the Oxfordshire role is in the use of commercial finite element codes including Altair Hyperworks, NASTRAN and ANSYS Workbench and CAD software system SOLIDWORKS would be advantageous.
- Basic programming knowledge using Fortran, C, Python is preferred.
Rate: Negotiable dependent upon experience.
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be UK citizen/ EU Citizen/ Valid work permit holder
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.