Senior Stress Engineers - Derby
We are looking for Stress Engineers for an Engineering Services company working on Gas Turbines in Derby.
Role and Responsibilities
The Stress Engineers will be expected to write / design Stress reports without supervision and identify and author Stress analysis work packages for completion by approved outsourced teams.
- Undertaking a broad range of mechanical assessments, including linear, non-linear and dynamic finite element analyses (2D, 3D, static and thermal);
- Making use of industry-wide tools and codes (such as fracture mechanics, fatigue, ASME codes and R6).
- Reporting and presenting the analysis results, which will often involve constructing an appropriate safety argument.
- Capture Stress requirements
- Liaise with outsourced teams leading them oin the clients processes.
- Travel to outsourced teams
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering (or a related discipline).
- Experience of finite element analysis and/or fracture mechanics methods applied to structural analysis.
- A strong background in one of the following areas would be beneficial: fatigue assessment, probabilistic fracture mechanics, residual stress modelling, acoustic modelling, creep, impact, design-by-analysis, programming (for example Python or Fortran).
- Experience of SCO3
- Chartered status (or working towards) of a relevant professional institute would be advantageous.
- Salary / Rate - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on 01384446192