Senior Stress Engineers
We are looking for Stress Engineers for an Engineering Services company working on Gas Turbines in Derby.
Role and Responsibilities
The Stress Engineers will be expected to write / design Stress reports without supervision and identify and author Stress analysis work packages for completion by approved outsourced teams.
- Undertaking a broad range of mechanical assessments, including linear, non-linear and dynamic finite element analyses (2D, 3D, static and thermal);
- Making use of industry-wide tools and codes (such as fracture mechanics, fatigue, ASME codes and R6).
- Reporting and presenting the analysis results, which will often involve constructing an appropriate safety argument.
- Capture Stress requirements
- Liaise with outsourced teams leading them oin the clients processes.
- Travel to outsourced teams
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering (or a related discipline).
- Experience of finite element analysis and/or fracture mechanics methods applied to structural analysis.
- A strong background in one of the following areas would be beneficial: fatigue assessment, probabilistic fracture mechanics, residual stress modelling, acoustic modelling, creep, impact, design-by-analysis, programming (for example Python or Fortran).
- Experience of SCO3
- Chartered status (or working towards) of a relevant professional institute would be advantageous.
- Salary / Rate - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on 01384446192