We are looking for a Stress Engineer to join an innovative aerospace development team,
the successful candidate will be joining to perform analysis, calculation and simulation of environmental and physical conditions that an aircraft undergoes in flight.
Responsibilities of the Stress Engineer will include the following:
- Perform stress, flutter and fatigue calculations for all departments by means of analytical and numerical (FEM) simulations and CFD analysis.
- Develop and implement routines for precise prediction of CFRP failure of complex aircraft structures
- Work on specific projects at multiple times and create reports for management
- Responsible for numerical modelling, pre-processing, conduction of simulations / calculations and post-processing of the results.
The Stress Engineershould have the following skills or experience:
- Hold an MSc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Techno-mathematics, Physics or a related field
- Significant experience in a similar position with aerospace expertise.
- Exceptional knowledge in one of the following:
- Aero acoustics
- Simulation and Modelling
- Experience in FE Modelling of Aerospace Structures (Nastran/Patran)
- Knowledge of programming languages and tools (Matlab, Simulink, FORTRAN)
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career working with an ambitious, highly technical company. In return for your experience, this Bristol based company will offer you:
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge projects
Interviews for the Stress Engineerwill commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on this position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.