Stress Engineer - Abingdon
We have an urgent requirement for 2 experienced Contract Stress Engineers, for an initial 6 month contract, for a leader in engineering services and solutions for the most trusted names in Aerospace & Defence to deliver solutions for their team in a High Tech client based in Oxfordshire.
The Stress Engineer will be working on a Test Rig and demonstrator for a new type of Engine part of analysis engineering team, carrying out 2 and 3D static and dynamic stress analysis, assessing solutions and presenting work to peers, senior engineers, managers and external partners.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in an engineering subject or equivalent.
- Must have industry experience in the design and analysis of aerospace structures
- Experience in the use of commercial finite element codes including Altair Hyperworks, NASTRAN and ANSYS Workbench and CAD software system SOLIDWORKS would be advantageous.
- Experience in the design and analysis of composite materials used for aircraft/spacecraft structures would be desirable including ceramic matrix composites and metal matrix composites.
- Turbine, Compressor or Turbo background (Gas, Air or Steam)
- Must be able to carry out basic stress analysis hand-calculations for structures and pressurised equipment.
- Experience in the analysis of turbomachinery and aerospace components would be desirable.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil these Stress Engineer vacancies and wish to apply, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be UK citizen/ EU Citizen/ Valid work permit holder.