Very Attractive + Benefits
Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer - Permanent
West Midlands - Defence and Aerospace - Very Attractive
A Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer is required to join the team for a for a Global Defence and Aerospace manufacturing company .
The Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer will work within the area of stress and mechanical analysis. The Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer will be working on complex products and components, providing mechanical hand calculations, reports, and approval of components.
The Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer will have a good knowledge of manufacturing processes on the strength of mechanical components and products. The Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer role will be extremely varied so someone who is able to work under pressure and adhere to timescales.
Key Expertise and Qualifications Required for the Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar related subject
- Able to demonstrate an analytical, problem solving approach to your work
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of materials, their mechanical, static and fatigue properties is essential
- Knowledge of actuation/hydraulic systems & complex mechanical moving parts is desirable
- Understanding of manufacturing processes on the strength of mechanical components
- Knowledge of complex moving parts manufacturing techniques and their influence on stress
- Determine fatigue life of components using classical calculations and computer simulations
- Produce reports to a standard sufficient for issue to civil & military air worthiness authorities
- Perform hand stress calculations using standard methods and data sheets
- Produce Finite Element Analysis of components and systems using software
- Knowledge of fatigue analysis methods
- Good experience in hand calculations is essential
- Knowledge of Mathcad, ANSYS is desirable
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Stress & FEA Mechanical Engineer, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.