Stress Analyst - Contract - Oxford - £Competitive rate
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful Stress Analyst will provide stress analysis and general engineering support to customer programmes alongside providing support to other research and development projects, as required
What You Will Do:
- Carry out the analysis of various structures including static and dynamic stress analysis, non-linear stress analysis, buckling and thermal analysis.
- Work with other departments and external partners to deliver all aspects of the work.
- Develop and optimise low mass structures and assess the impact of these designs.
What You Will Need:
- Good engineering background with relevant engineering qualification
- Must have industry experience in the design and analysis of aerospace structures
- Experience in the use of commercial finite element codes and CAD software systems including Altair Hyperworks, NASTRAN and SOLIDWORKS would be advantageous.
- Experience in the design and analysis of composite materials used for aircraft/spacecraft structures would be desirable including ceramic matrix composites and metal matrix composites.
- Must be able to carry out basic stress analysis hand-calculations for structures and pressurised equipment.
- Experience in the analysis of turbomachinery and airframes would be desirable.
- ANSYS CLASSIC / ANSYS WORKBENCH IS DESIRABLE
What You Will Get:
As Stress Analyst;
- Competitive rate
- Work for an established engineering company on innovate projects
Suitably qualified and experienced Stress Analysts should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.