Title: Strategy and Sourcing Buyer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A Strategy and Sourcing Buyer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a contract position until end of March 2020 with potential for extension, and will pay up to £39.74 per hour dependent upon experience.
Strategy and Sourcing:
- Responsible for creation, delivery and execution of SCD and CBP to specific sourcing requirements including supplier selection and sourcing approach in line with JLR sourcing guidelines e.g. Achilles Registration and Supplier Risk Assessment Lead supplier negotiations and contracting with the support of the Regional teams including legal and financial approval pre SCPA, also engaging specialist teams where appropriate e.g. Global Purchasing Finance (GPF)
- Key Purchasing representative at Module Business Teams (MBT) to ensure cross-functional alignment on quality, cost, delivery and time requirements pre SCPA Lead stakeholder alignment in relation to; programme targets, red book, take rates and volumes, delivery buying teams and utilising specialists as required cross architecture, carlines
- Supplier Relationship Management: Working with the Regional Delivery Teams, lead the development of the supplier relationships globally for your designated commodities
- Manage Supplier and Supply Chain Risk Management for assigned commodities post SCPA, ensuring the supply chain operates in accordance with JLRQ (or equivalent), customer and governmental regulations.
- Ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Capability to create high quality long term purchasing strategies
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- An effective team player, able to actively develop and support team members
- Able to maintain compliance with standard policies and procedures
- Able to translate analytical results into detailed, robust actionable recommendations to the business
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to influence cross-functional engagement
Degree qualified or equivalent experience
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.