Strategic Category Manager
To £55,000 + Bonus, Car, Full Benefits
Solihull, West Midlands
This position will play in important part in managing the end-to-end procurement frameworks and supplier relationships. Key activities include:
- Support the wider Procurement Team in a program of continuous improvement, cost reduction and supplier relationship management.
- Operate strategically to mitigate risk and drive innovation across all Procurement activities
- Source & review potential suppliers in critical areas, such as IT & Systems, ensuring products & services are fit for purpose.
- Work with Legal and Finance teams to lead Business-to-Business RFx processes.
- Support other departments in ensure best service is maintained by suppliers.
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced Procurement professional to play an important part in the continued development of a commercially focussed department. You will possess:
- Detailed understanding of Procurement and Purchasing within a regulated Service Industry, such as: Banking, Financial Services, IT & Telecommunications or Utilities.
- Strong knowledge of IT & Digital Procurement, and how suppliers & their products fit are utilised in a service-based business.
- An appreciation for the regulatory requirements imposed on the Banking & Financial Services industry and how those regulations affect Procurement activities in the sector.
- Good commercial acumen and the ability to analyse numerical data.
Our client is an established financial services provider in the retail banking space, with an upbeat culture and ongoing training & development opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply, please do so online, attaching a copy of your CV and details of your current remuneration.