Strategic Category Buyer
A Strategic Category Buyer opportunity has become available for a global equipment OEM.
The Category Buyer role will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders in the group to formulate and execute business wide category strategies that deliver cost effective solutions for operational requirements and provide commercial services in respect to acquiring all materials at the total lowest cost.
The role will build capability with their stakeholders to ensure supplier performance / productivity improvements in regard to the business quality, cost, delivery and risk targets.
You will be required to have an in depth understanding of the supply market to ensure that all opportunities for cost reduction are highlighted and delivered and will be responsible for managing the lifecycle from demand to pay.
It is imperative that the person in the role gain credibility with internal customers and persuade people to change/ or adhere to a certain strategic direction.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Purchasing experience in an Engineering and production environment
- Strategic purchasing experience
- Cost and pricing management
- Managing and implementing supply contracts
- Holding and building relationships within a global and matrix organisation
- Engineering and/or Programme Management understanding
- Virtual Team Management
- Preferably CIPS/PRINCE2 qualified
- Experience of hydraulic component purchasing experience would be well received
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please send a copy of your CV to James Tilley for review.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.