Strategic Buyer - Castings / Forgings / Machined Parts
Salary Range: £34,671 - £49,440 + Benefits
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Industry: Rail and Commercial Vehicles
A Strategic Buyer is required by the world's leading safety systems manufacturer and supplier of additional sub-systems for rail and commercial vehicle industry. With a proven track record of strategic procurement. I am seeking a senior procurement professional who will lead the strategic and technical purchasing of castings / forgings and machined parts. A Senior Buyer with proven experience of purchasing within a manufacturing or engineering environment is essential. Procurement professionals with experience of working within a safety critical environment would be well received.
Due to continued growth this company, requires a proactive Strategic Buyer with a strong technical understanding and strategic procurement experience. As a Strategic Buyer your responsibilities will include:
- Purchase new and existing parts across castings / forgings and machined parts commodity areas.
- Release first article purchase orders at approved suppliers.
- Negotiation of framework and delivery contracts, price negotiation of specific products and suppliers.
- KPI responsibility for nominated suppliers and product portfolio.
- Supplier Management
- Engineering and technical know- how for specific products and suppliers (cost structure, technology and manufacturing).
As a Strategic Buyer, you will offer the following skills or experience:
- Strategic procurement experience gained in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience of procuring castings / forgings and machined parts.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Experience of SAP or similar.
This is an excellent opportunity for a procurement professional to lead the strategic and technical purchasing of a range of key commodities. In return for your experience, this global safety systems manufacturing company will offer you:
- £35,000 - £49,500 per annum
- Career development and the opportunity to work with a major global manufacturing / engineering organisation.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are a strategic purchasing professional with a strong engineering background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Strategic Buyer role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162.