A Senior Buyer is required for a leading aerospace manufacturer based in Leicestershire.
the Senior Buyer will be responsible for a variety of purchasing tasks, including pricing and negotiating, whilst ensuring that procurement procedures comply with government laws, regulations and management objectives.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer:
- Negotiating terms and long-term contracts with suppliers,
- Maintaining efficient output of purchase orders
- Establishing criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing
- Evaluating quotations received from prospective suppliers and making decisions regarding award of purchase orders
- Resolving discrepancies between purchase order requirements and supplier performance
- Identifying problem areas, initiating corrective actions and establishing problem resolution in a timely manner
- Maintaining current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system
Key Skills and Experience required for the Senior Buyer
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Purchasing in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Ability to write specifications, prepare bid documents, handle bidding process and analyse all bid results
- Experience of successfully negotiating licence contracts
- Ability to solve problems and use own judgement
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your Purchasing career with a leading company and we anticipate that responses will be high, so please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.