Competitive Salary with excellent benefits
01384 446 174
Strategic Buyer - Logistics and Transport
Excellent salary plus benefits
This organisation is a multinational with manufacturing sites and operations throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. The are a specialist manufacturer of products that are primarily used in the building and construction sector.
The business has asked us to assist in the recruitment of an instrumental and knowledgeable Strategic Buyer to coordinate the Indirect Spend specifically for the Logistics and Transport category. You will work closely with all departmental budget owners and stakeholders to ensure control of spend within budget, to maximise value and service. Contribute to and support the UK Group Procurement team to achieve corporate goals and vision. As with all procurement roles, there will be an element of overseas travel.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- To manage the complete portfolio of Logistics and Transport spend within the Indirect Procurement budget.
- Liaise with and support EMEA Category Manager for Logistics and Transport to leverage spend and cost efficiencies across the group.
- To effectively manage the third-party transportation providers ensuring all KPI’s are met, costs are controlled, and anticipated savings are delivered.
- Negotiate supply and service level agreements with our 3PL and other logistics providers.
- Implement initiatives to reduce Transportation costs, whilst maximizing service to the internal organisation and customers.
- To own the Logistics process within the business, ensuring processes become deeply embedded and followed by all business units.
- Driving competitive advantage through close collaboration with Business unit colleagues to achieve the company’s profitability objectives.
- To continuously drive improvements in transportation.
- To continuously improve logistics process efficiencies by implementing lean principles and methodology and implementing automation (tools, systems, and processes) where appropriate.
- To drive improvements across the whole supply chain including logistics and transportation management.
- To support the operational integration of any future acquisitions.
- To work closely together with the Regional & EMEA stakeholders, such as the appointed regional Logistical leaders.
- To undertake administrative duties to support the Strategic Procurement team including assisting with systems-based activities and projects.
- To ensure the day to day compliance of company procedures within the Purchasing Department.
Education / Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level in Supply Chain/Logistics specialism
- CILT qualification desired but not essential
- Good understanding of the logistics and transportation sector
- Experience in operations, logistics and transportation, supply chain-based roles
- Some purchasing exposure and project management experience a strong advantage
- Experience at a Transport provider would also be a plus
Functional & Special Competencies:
- Experience in the following Commodity Areas: Logistics and Transport
- Fluent user of IT packages, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge and experience of using ERP systems
We are keen to hear from Logistics and supply chain professionals who have a solid understanding of the transport and logistics industry as this will be valuable knowledge to bring to the business. This would be an excellent opportunity for those candidates to move into a more purchasing and procurement focused role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.