£35k - 40k per year + Bonus, pension
01384 446 174
Strategic Buyer, Factored Parts, Direct Commodity Groups
West Midlands, Flexible Working
Salary between £35,000 - £40,000, 25 days holiday, Bonus potential, Pension, CIPS Fees paid for.
We are working with a very successful, global organisation, that manufacturers and supplies into several key markets across the UK and beyond.
As Strategic Buyer you will coordinate direct spend commodities with all departmental budget owners and Stakeholders to ensure control of spend within budget, to maximise value and service.
You will work with suppliers and manufacturers primarily in low-cost regions and have a good understanding when dealing with these regions, in regard to cost, quality and delivery. As the world opens, post pandemic there will be a small amount of global travel, mainly to the Far East.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Control the sourcing of all commodities as designated by the leadership team.
- Deliver the agreed annual financial plan for all designated commodities.
- Build and maintain close working relationship with preferred suppliers to leverage spend and drive competitive advantage.
- Take a business management approach by aligning directly with assigned business units to improve cost efficiency & contribution margin and achieve profitability objectives
- Work closely with the Finance Business partners to track material savings, material and FX movements ensuring delivery through to the Business Unit P&L
- Contribute to and achieve the annual objectives for the designated commodity portfolio minimising cost, inventory & lead times and improving cash flow.
- Working with EMEA category managers to achieve Regional / EMEA KPI’s on supplier segmentation, preferred supplier spends and supplier reduction.
- Full utilisation of the EMEA cost tracking tools to ensure material savings align with agreed budgets and targets as agreed with the UK Procurement Director ensuring delivery to the business unit P&L
- Track appropriate material cost & currency movements and make recommendations to the UK Procurement Director for best value options to the company.
- To present opportunities for improvements through negotiation, resourcing, make vs buy, VA / VE, should cost analysis.
- Identify improvements in supply chain security, in terms of legal compliance, social and environmental responsibilities and continuity of supply.
- Working cross functionally with all relevant departments to ensure continuous development of current and new product development.
- To support new product introductions to ensure products are supplied on time and to desired quality.
- Responsible for negotiating supply agreements with nominated suppliers and measure and track supplier performance against company KPI’s
- Supporting the Logistics & the Business Units to achieve they’re On Time in Full (OTIF) & budget targets.
- Ensuring all supplier details are correct and are on the UK costing systems.
- Undertake specific other projects as requested from time to time.
- Ensuring the day-to-day compliance of company procedures within the Purchasing Department.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CIPS qualification or educated to degree level.
- A full clean driving licence.
- Experience of working in a fast moving, dynamic purchasing team.
- Experience in buying fully factored product ideally from overseas.
- Knowledge of commodity markets and how they impact the overall costs.
- The ability to work to tight lead times
- Experience in working under pressure to achieve targeted objectives
- The ability of working as part of a multi-functional team
- Have the aptitude and motivation of working effectively without direct supervision.
- Commercial awareness
- The role may require UK and overseas travel.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.