Job title: Strategic Buyer
Salary Range: Competitive
Location: Milton Keynes
A Strategic Buyer is required for a Rail Industry company based in Milton Keynes, you will be responsible for strategic commodity management and have experience from within a highly regulated high variation manufacturing environment.
Candidates with experience of strategic buying within a heavy industry environment would be well received.
This Rail industry company, offering complete life cycle capabilities based in Milton Keynes, requires a motivated, dynamic, detailed and driven Strategic Buyer.
As the Strategic Buyer you will be required to:
- Be an expert in your assigned commodities, maintaining knowledge of market and industry trends, developing technologies and alternative sourcing options.
- Building partnerships with key suppliers, undertaking regular business reviews.
- Working closely with project teams to address emerging issues and act as an escalation point.
- Actively seeking cost savings and contributing to a cost savings database
- Anticipating and actively managing risk within the supply chain
- Developing and overhauling GRG strategic policies and initiatives with the Strategic Purchasing Manager and ensuring adherence
- Negotiation and contract management.
- Ensuring a value-based, life-cycle approach to sourcing and supplier selection
- Offering key support for emerging bids to the Commercial team
- Management of the mobilisation phase of projects
- Managing and reporting on key KPIs. Actively monitoring material spend versus budget for projects
The Strategic Buyer will have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent and/or Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) preferable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or Project based environment.
- Strategic commodity management skills
- A range of commodity experience.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Contract management and negotiation.
- Project management and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Strategic commodity management skills and experience within a manufacturing environment. In return this Milton Keynes based Rail Industry company will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Strategic Commodity Buying and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Strategic Buyer role, please contact Paul Broadhead, email@example.com at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.