£22k per year + Pension, 24 days holiday
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
General engineering and manufacturing
Salary circa £22,000 plus pension, 24 days holiday, healthcare plan
7am – 3pm
12pm – 8pm
This well-known and well-respected manufacturing business is seeing excellent uplift in business and is looking to recruit a Stores Controller to join them in their wider Supply Chain team. This would be an excellent role for candidates who are looking to make the move from the shop floor into an operational, supply chain position, or for a Stores Person looking for their first supervisor role.
You will be an excellent communicator; can problem solve and provide good solutions to senior management.
- As part of shift rotation role there is a responsibility to manage stores while on site.
- To efficiently manage receipts and issues from the stores and maintain a high level of stock accuracy.
- To maintain the stores department ensuring good housekeeping of all areas related to stores and promotes 5S principles.
- Ensures FIFO stock rotation.
- Ensures stock accuracy through support of stock takes and PPI.
Key responsibilities and duties
Delivering supply chain excellence by:
- Manage the stores to ensure availability of parts for production.
- Receiving, checking & accounting of goods into stores
- Issuing and delivering of parts to an agreed service level agreement
- Pick and issue kits of parts against works orders.
- Kanban stock replenishment on shopfloor
- Identify shortages and take action to resolve.
- Gives support and input in material management improvements when required.
- Ensures work standards are maintained at the appropriate levels.
- Daily reporting of efficiencies and issues.
- Continuously monitoring inventory data to ensure stock levels and locations are accurate.
- Loading & unloading of incoming supplies
- Manage the locations that the stock is stored in and update the system as and when required.
- Introduce PPI into the stores area.
- Manage stock takes & PPI within the stores area.
- Identify and report of inbound quality concerns for purchased and subcontracted parts.
- Support and ensure complicity with Health & Safety Regulations, Company Handbook, Quality Standards and all other Company policies and procedures.
- City & Guilds level 2 or above Warehouse & Distribution (Desirable)
- Forklift Truck License (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing stores environment
- Knowledge of ERP Systems
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.