- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Careers at Jonathan Lee
- Contact: Matthew Stride
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446108
- Expiry Date: 27 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59273
Job title: Stores Assistant
Salary Range: £18,529 Full Time Wage (Per Annum)
Hours: 14.6 – 36.5 Hours between 08.00 – 17.00
The Chemistry department are currently seeking to recruit a Stores Assistant to work in the Stores Team, providing temporary cover, initially on a 3 month contract.
Ideally our client are looking for someone who can work part-time but are willing to increase hours if needed.
The role is to provide day-to-day service provision in the Chemistry Stores. This will include receiving good from external providers, maintain records and provision of a counter service, assisting other stores staff under the direction of the Chemistry Stores and Technicians team.
This would suit someone with good customer service and organisational skills.
- Good general level of education
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- IT knowledge, including databases (Microsoft Office. Email etc.)
- Excellent communicational skills both orally and written with staff and students
- Accurate inputting of records
- Good initiative to work individually
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with academic and administrative colleagues, and with colleagues outside the University to promote collegiality
- Up to date working knowledge of COSHH regulations and relevant Safe Handling Regulations
- Be experienced of working within a large organisation
- Product knowledge of stores contents
- Previous experience of working in a chemistry store or lab environment
- 1 ‘A’ Level in Chemistry or equivalent qualification (BTEC, National Diploma or GNVQ)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in Stores within an Educational Setting. If you have any questions about the Stores within an Educational Setting role, please contact Matt Stride at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446108
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.