£20 - 23 per hour
Stop / Start Dependability Calibrator - 53920
Up to £23.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Stop / Start Dependability Calibrator will have the following responsibilities on both Gasoline and Diesel powerpacks:
- Develop calibrations to meet functional safety & diagnostic requirements.
- Signoff validate and document process to support calibration releases.
- Support HIL testing and development on Stop/Start.
- Support problem solving and issue resolution for Stop/Start and required sensor inputs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Gasoline & Diesel technology with one year of demonstrable experience of engine development and/or calibration.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of calibration processes and tools and classical control theory.
- Knowledge of Unit and System HIL for calibration development and experimentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of vehicle de-bug / fault finding.
- Knowledge and understanding of in vehicle networks and multiplex communications.
- Experience of calibration tools.
- Quality tools, such as 8D and FMEA.
- Good communication skills in English language, written and oral.
- Ability to get others on board with assigned tasks.
- A team player who is flexible and self-motivated with a keen interest in powertrain development.
- Full driving licence.
- Functional knowledge of Ati
- Functional knowledge on CANalyser
- Knowledge of ECU Tester, or similar HIL tools.
- To succeed in this role, candidates will have a background within an Engineering role and be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Relevant experience covering calibration, control system development or application, knowledge of combustion and diagnostics control technologies, working knowledge of Calibration guides and engine management system development process.
- This role requires interface with multiple functions and powerpacks.
- Experience in a similar cross function role would be desirable, component, base cal, feature cal and all powerpacks.
- Experience in hands on fault finding and repair of mechanical, electrical and communications systems / components.
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Control, or similar relevant disciplines or Part way through a relevant degree, or proven track history in the industry.
- Candidates must have good analytical, and presentation skills (oral and written) and demonstrate ability to manage large quantities of data.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.