- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59102
Stop / Start Dependability Calibrator - 54387
Rate - £22.89 per hour - Inside IR35
AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks - Rate will increase to £29.59 per hour
Stop / Start Dependability Calibrator will have the following responsibilities on both Gasoline and Diesel powerpacks:
- Develop calibrations to meet functional safety & diagnostic requirements.
- Signoff validate and document process to support calibration releases.
- Support HIL testing and development on Stop/Start.
- Support problem solving and issue resolution for Stop/Start and required sensor inputs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Gasoline & Diesel technology with one year of demonstrable experience of engine development and/or calibration.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of calibration processes and tools and classical control theory.
- Knowledge of Unit and System HIL for calibration development and experimentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of vehicle de-bug / fault finding.
- Knowledge and understanding of in vehicle networks and multiplex communications.
- Experience of calibration tools.
- Quality tools, such as 8D and FMEA.
- Good communication skills in English language, written and oral.
- A team player who is flexible and self-motivated with a keen interest in powertrain development.
- Familiarity with standard PC applications.
- Full driving licence.
- Functional knowledge of Ati.
- Functional knowledge on CANalyser.
- Knowledge of ECU Tester, or similar HIL tools.
- Relevant experience covering calibration, control system development or application, knowledge of combustion and diagnostics control technologies, working knowledge of Calibration guides and engine management system development process.
- This role requires interface with multiple functions and powerpacks.
- Experience in a similar cross function role would be desirable, component, base cal, feature cal and all powerpacks.
- Experience in hands on fault finding and repair of mechanical, electrical and communications systems / components.
- Educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Control, or similar relevant disciplines or Part way through a relevant degree, or proven track history in the industry.
- Candidates must have good analytical, and presentation skills (oral and written) and demonstrate ability to manage large quantities of data.
- Travel - Yes, could be climate trips or field investigations, but limited.
- ** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.