- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59325
Steering System Design Engineer - JP00000446
PAYE £24.48 per hour
12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Design, engineering approval, and release of chassis system components/specifications of steering systems.
- Confirmation of vehicle target achievement, with related departments in the European and global Nissan organisation.
- Management of suppliers to complete development of new models, validation of component performance, and achievement of cost targets.
- Implementation of technical cost reductions and provide technical support to purchase organisation for commercial negotiations.
- Investigate and improve the quality of current production vehicles.
The Europe Chassis development team is responsible for the development of suspension and steering systems to meet the diverse requirements of the European, Russian and GOM markets. Our influence extends to all vehicles made for these areas, and all facilities within these areas.
Working in a fast paced, professional environment you will be responsible for delivery of Steering System designs to meet the market requirements. Liaising with Nissan's performance planning and Test teams, as well as global design centres, you will work hand in hand with some of the world's leading component suppliers to realize the targets for Quality, timing, cost and performance.
The expectation is that there will be opportunities for European and global travel, to facilities, and supplier production plants (dependent on COVID).
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Strong, proven Mechanical engineering background, with problem solving mind-set
- Good experience of Electrical Power Steering systems or Mechatronic Chassis Technologies is desirable
- Good working knowledge and practical experience of ECU hardware and software used in a safety related automotive environment.
- Knowledge of Vehicle Electrical Architecture (CAN) systems and use of diagnostic tools and diagnostic communication is desirable (e.g. CANalyser).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in global cross functional, cross cultural environment.
- Experience of managing suppliers in a project environment.
- Team player, with ability to motivate and guide colleagues toward timely delivery against objectives.
- Skilled at investigating & resolving vehicle or part quality concerns, e.g. use of FTA or other root cause analysis tools
- Work proactively and autonomously to deadlines, and be flexible to adapt to changing work requests
- Relevant engineering experience.
- Computer literate, the ability to use Microsoft office to a high level.
Working (Place of work) - Full time (house Mon to Tus 8:00 ~ 17:00; Fri 8:00~ 13:20). Overtime expected
During COVID working from home has been the norm; we are now transitioning back to 3days in the office, as permanent hybrid working model.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.