almost 2 years ago
Steering (EPS) Engineer - R00019659
A Steering Engineer is required to successfully deliver vehicle projects to Market. This normally consists of taking handover pre start of production from Japan; then ensuring that all KPIs are met for quality; delivery and Cost to ensure that the vehicle achieves start of production. Main focus of this position would the power steering commodity.
A Steering Engineer is required with knowledge of electrical architecture for modern vehicles.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Steering Engineer with experience of root cause analysis for a new contract role.
As a Steering Engineer you will be required to:
· Cross functional working with plant quality and engineering teams to ensure early response to concerns.
· Provide technical support to the production plant.
· Management of suppliers and hosting of guest engineers
· Creating and executing cost down ideas through development and lifetime cycles
· Supporting prototype builds
· Design releases / Design reviews / BOM management
· Management of warranty return tasks/quality up design and release
· Management of supplier tuning activities / management of testing tuning activities
The Steering Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
· Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline or have substantial experience at working at engineer level.
· Have fluent written and verbal English language capability.
· Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of modern vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
· Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN)
· Be able to operate CANalyzer software or similar and interpret the results
· Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
· Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be longer periods and or at short notice.
· Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel.
· Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
· Must have good knowledge of control theory
· Must have had working design experience with EPS (column) and or R-EPS
· Good first principles knowledge of (all or some) Mechatronics / electrical / mechanical fields
· Have an understanding of ride and handling characteristics of a passenger vehicle
· Experience of root cause analysis and management of investigation work
If you have any questions about the Steering Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship