Steering Engineer - 35017 - up to £21.59/hr - Chassis Engineering
The purpose of this role is to support the Lower Steering Lead Engineer to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new lower steering systems. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Engineer will report into the relevant Group Leader and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, matrix report to the relevant Lead Engineer & Module Leader. The role requires the individual to support the technical delivery in close co-operation with the Lead Engineer, Supplier and system interfaces, also to develop and deliver the commodity plan and ensure delivery to required quality, cost and time.
- Ability to develop steering system engineering solutions which meet defined targets on time and to required quality.
- Good team working, organisation and communication skills to work as part of the wider steering Engineering team. Able to foster good working relationships with Purchasing/STA and suppliers.
- Ability to plan steering system delivery and manage change within the Vehicle Programme requirements and to manage and evaluate DV/PV testing, report on results and resolve issues and navigate JLR Engineering & Release systems.
- Experience leading automotive supplier interfaces.
- Ability to evaluate the performance and merits of engineering output from suppliers or service partners to ensure that requirements are satisfied.
- Good PC skills, proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be flexible with regard to multi site working and be prepared to travel abroad if required, full driving licence.
- Working knowledge of chassis or Steering systems.
- Ability to use CAD and virtual build visualisation tools.
- Releasing systems and processes
Education Required: Engineering or relevant Degree.
This role will require the Engineer to work under a Lead Engineer and support them in their delivery of new steering systems. Some autonomy required but workload will be managed largely by more Senior Engineer.