A Vehicle Dynamics Delivery Engineer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a long term position paying up to £22.06 per hour.
The purpose of this role is to support the Steering Core EPAS team to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of forward model steering systems. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, the Engineer will report into the relevant Group Leader and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, matrix report to the relevant Lead Engineer & Module Leader. Depending on experience the selected candidate may have the opportunity to take a lead engineering position. The role requires the individual to support the technical delivery in close co-operation with the Lead Engineer, Suppliers and JLR system interfaces, also to develop and deliver the commodity plan and ensure delivery to required quality, cost and time"
- Ability to develop steering system engineering solutions which meet defined targets on time and to required quality.
- Good team working, organisation and communication skills to work as part of the wider steering Engineering team. Able to foster good working relationships with Purchasing/STA and suppliers.
- Ability to plan steering system delivery and manage change within the Vehicle Programme requirements and to manage and evaluate DV/PV testing, report on results and resolve issues and navigate JLR Engineering & Release systems.
- Ability to manage requirement cascades for EPAS software and interfaces (e.g. to ADAS) to the software supplier.
- Ability to evaluate the performance and merits of engineering output from suppliers or service partners to ensure that JLR requirements are satisfied.
- Good PC skills, proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be flexible with regards to multi-site working and be prepared to travel abroad if required, full driving licence.
- Experience of JLR or similar Engineering validation and release systems.
- Ability to use CAD and virtual build visualisation tools.
- Experience leading automotive supplier interfaces.
- Working knowledge of chassis or Steering systems.
- JLR releasing systems and processes
Engineering or relevant Degree.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Steering Development Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.