Steel Plant Manager
Salary £120,000 to £130,000 plus benefits
An experienced Steel Plant Manager is required for this Heavy Section Mill based in the Middle East which is part of a successful larger group. As Steel Plant Manager you will have full responsibility for the efficient running of this modern Steel Mill and ensuring that the highest standards of Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality standards are achieved together with OTIF delivery. It is important that you continue to drive WCM standards and have a real appreciation for modern manufacturing methodologies that include Lean, Six Sigma, Asset Management, TPM, 5S and OEE. You must be able to demonstrate a track record of manufacturing leadership within the heavy steels industry that is built on a sustainable culture of Continuous Improvement delivered through employee engagement.
To complement your strong leadership, manufacturing and business expertise you will have a driven and dynamic personality, be a team player with an eye for detail and a passion for operational excellence. In addition, you will be commercially aware, set high standards, lead from the front and constantly drive and develop the capability of the people within the business.
To be considered for this Steel Plant Manager position you must have:
- Solid, hands on management experience working within a medium to heavy Steel Mill operation gained in either a senior engineering or manufacturing operations capacity.
- A thorough understanding of implementing sustainable world class manufacturing techniques within a multi-cultural environment.
- A thorough understanding of Heavy Section Mill, plant, roll design and the steel manufacturing supply chain in general
- A degree in either manufacturing, engineering or materials that is ideally supported by post graduate management or commercial qualifications.
- An in-depth understanding of Health & Safety that demonstrates a full commitment to the wellbeing and welfare of staff.
- An ability to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent people management and leadership skills with a tenacious approach to instilling disciplines that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of HSE, quality, cost and delivery standards.
- A broad technical understanding of Heavy Steel Mill processing with an emphasis on automated plant and continuous process control that will deliver consistent yield ensuring production targets and full customer satisfaction is achieved.
- A dynamic driven personality not prepared to accept second best with a real passion for continuous improvement and people development.
- Excellent communication skills, able to interpret complex data and present this at all levels throughout the business.
This is an exciting but challenging opportunity to join an international business in a leadership capacity as Plant Manager that will deliver the highest levels of product quality and customer service. This high-profile role will require strong leadership and business management skills together with significant experience of delivering a winning culture that can meet and exceed customer expectations.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.