£27.82 - 27.82 per hour
9 months ago
Title: Stamping Engineering Planner
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon and all Press Shop Plants
As a Stamping Engineering Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Specification and procurement of tools, operating from the start of Vehicle design through to final commissioning and sign-off in the nominated press facility.
- Working closely with Tooling Engineers and our Purchasing function to establish viable timeline and plan for assigned portfolio of Press Tools.
- Managing progress and delivery of tooling into the press facilities, ensuring compliance with performance, quality, timing and cost targets. Operating at the subject matter expert on your assigned tooling portfolio, providing regular updates against key metrics to the management team.
- Driving the best possible outcomes by ensuring that the design phase maximises panel quality and overall hits per hour.
- Operating as subject matter expert and "owner" of an assigned portfolio of tooling, providing regular, structured updates on performance, quality, timing and cost.
- Driving for best possible tooling outcomes by ensuring that the design phase maximises panel quality and overall "hits per hour" performance.
- Establishing a professional, engineering interface with product design and tooling vendors to ensure robust management of engineering change with minimal impact to the project outcomes.
- Ensuring learning from one program to another is captured and contained within engineering standards and operating procedures.
- Undertaking any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Timing Plans - AIMs & Costs control across all programs
- Pre E-0 - JOB1 + 90, clear direction and support at both the Up Front and Delivery stages of all programs
- GD&T - Delivery / Understanding, prior to FDJ CAD Release, liaising across all functions for agreement.
3 Key Skills Required
- Press tooling knowledge
- Knowledge and familiarity with key processes, facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
- Clear understanding of part forming techniques, to support the Concept Feas team.
- A thorough understanding of press tool from design, through to methods and technologies.
- Understanding of Panel Cosmetic concerns
- Basic knowledge of CAD Software tools, Catia, Autoform.
- Must have a can do attitude and willingness to take onboard all aspects of Job Role requirements as defined by Department Lead
- Time served Apprenticeship based expertise in Press Tooling
- A relevant Engineering Degree is not essential, however would be an advantage
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.