SQA and Warranty Engineer - Birmingham
We are looking for an SQA / Warranty Engineer for a leading company in railway rolling stock engineering technology installation and upgrading, to be based at their Birmingham facilities. Where they provide services for vehicle enhancement and systems integration and the provision of high quality turnkey project and consultancy services to maximise vehicle utilisation and performance.
Working as part of the Supply Chain Team providing support to manage the Non-Conformance within the supply base and ensure close out in a timely manner. Ongoing development and improvement of supply base in relation to quality control and conforming parts supplied. To support site teams and customer through management of the warranty process and spares availability.
- To ensure integrity of NCR process
- Ensure returned parts are tracked and managed to minimise any delays to production.
- Manage and measure supplier responsiveness to NCR's
- Recoup all incurred costs from suppliers where identified.
- Report supplier NCR trends and implement appropriate improvement plans with suppliers.
- Carry out supplier assessment audits when required.
- To ensure integrity of Warranty / Spares process.
- Liaise with depots, including customer on warranty / spares holding stocks.
- Ensure returned warranty parts are tracked and managed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of SQA role activities.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with excellent documentation and oral communications skills.
- Experience of carrying out external audits with suppliers.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001.
- Ability to support external audits.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques such as 8D.
Salary and Benefits
* Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
* Life Insurance & Pension.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192. Rail01