£25 - 35 per hour
7 months ago
SQA Site Engineer
Up to £35.00 per hour LTD/Umbrella (Inside IR35)
A SQA Site Engineer opportunity has become available for a historic brand and iconic leader within the automotive industry.
This is a short-term 8 week contract, based in the East of England where you will work on average up to 40 hours per week.
You will assist in managing supplier's quality activities within the supplier base to ensure day to day production targets are achieved.
This role offers the opportunity to demonstrate business improvement and measurable change throughout production supply chain thereby improving product quality and customer satisfaction.
This role will be focused on site supplier quality related activities as part of a larger quality team that will deliver visible and measurable improvement of the production supplier base worldwide by implementing best practice automotive quality and supply chain strategies.
Job duties/Responsibilities include:
- Manage production related PPAP and concern resolution activities for current production series and new projects
- Produce regular reports including action plans for management, supplier development plans and CCARs.
- Manage, plan and carry out supplier manufacturing site assessments to support current production and new programmes.
- Develop and agree supplier development activity plan with internal stakeholders ensuring the team meets the plan and PPM/Quality improvements are achieved.
- New Part Introduction and/or new supply source, develop PPAP activity plan in conjunction with purchasing and production teams.
- Ensure all supplier visits are completed to process and any actions raised are taken to closure. Report part approval status.
- Current Production Support, interface with Resident SQ team and SQ management team to ensure issues are prioritised and addressed in a timely manner to minimise any effect on production and quality targets.
- Experience of using various quality tools such 8D, FMEA, APQP Control plans, MSA, SPC, process Mapping, problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of auditing and implementing AIAG tools and processes.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.