Title: Development Engineer
Salary Range: £19.39 - £21.27 (Ltd Co)
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The Speech Engineer role resides in the HMI Infotainment team where there will be a close coupling between HMI Designers, Graphics Designers and Languages Engineers to deliver the overall Speech Customer Experience.
- Contribute to the current and future Speech roadmap.
- Review requirements against business needs to ensure all technical aspects are covered in hardware and software components interacting with Speech.
- Define message sequence diagrams between different software layers to deliver Speech customer experience.
- Support and conduct (where required) onsite vehicle test and sign off for new Speech features being introduced.
- Manage in-market testing: liaising with global test teams to validate software against different markets covering all supported market regions (including languages and dialects).
- Validate and verify HMI requirements against development software on test rigs and various vehicle lines by completing Design Validation Tests.
- Be in involved in the root cause analysis of defects on released software and championing the delivery of fixes in subsequent software baselines.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Managing supplier relationships to deliver software on time, on budget and at an exceptional level of quality
- Systems engineering experience
- Software and systems knowledge of infotainment platforms
Degree qualified in Engineering.
The HMI Infotainment team is responsible for the Design and Delivery of the complete Customer User Experience through the in-vehicle digital screens and peripherals for both brands. This team comprises centres for HMI interaction, Graphics, Speech and Language Localisation as a means of delivering a harmonised Global Customer User Experience. Given the recent growth and appetite stemming from Consumer Electronic Devices for Speech based systems, there is a strong desire to augment, enrich as well as accelerate the Speech roadmap to ensure our products keep up with consumer trends as well as keep us ahead of our competitors. A role within Infotainment involves working with a wide range of internal areas of our business as well as external component and system suppliers. You'll become part of a unique and evolving department within Infotainment, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programmes. In this role, you'll be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers, and cross Product Development functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the Speech team. Reporting to the NGI Systems and Software HMI Manager.
If you are interested in the exciting contract opportunity please apply now.