Title: Specialist Engineer
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
- Improve department efficiency through structured development and implementation of processes and tools.
- Provide solutions for department to meet KPIs for Crash Analysis, Test Reports, Operational efficiency, Gateways, TGWs through process improvement and use of IT.
- Consequence of not authorising: Department efficiency reduced. Incomplete analysis and late reporting of issues.
- APC programmes insufficiently resourced, data integrity compromised.
- Poor design and engineering integration of Vehicle Safety Attribute at early, development, or signoff stages.
- One or more of these modes will need expensive re-engineering at great cost: Frontal, Impact, Side and Rollover Impact, Pedestrian Impact, Interior Impact.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Technically confident in Excel and VBA scripting
- Advantageous to be familiar with Business Objects, engineering data analysis tools such as DIAdem.
- Business Process Mapping and re-engineering, drive change.
Suitable backgrounds include: General computing, Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, Physics, Data handling, Automotive, Systems Analysis
The applicant should be able to implement efficiency improvements into department following development or selection of solutions, then influencing, training and support of others.
Minimum HND (Preferred Degree).