Job title: Solutions Architect (Inside IR35)
Role: Contract role
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Rate: Up to £26.56/hr Ltd
We require a Solutions Architect to lead the design of solutions and implementation of platforms across the National Sales Company UK landscape, translating functional and non-functional requirements into technical designs, confirming design through proof of concept, and providing technical roadmaps in line with architectural principles and budget constraints.
Develop knowledge of architecture and tools that can be applied to enable fast and agile delivery of IT changes. Disseminate knowledge and skills to wider teams within UK business and IT stakeholders in EMEA Including promotion of new solutions which can be exploited in the wider Group. Work with agile teams to implement and develop the framework and templates for public cloud transformation, service decomposition and digital transformation.
As the Solutions Architect you will be responsible for:
- Technical portfolio management. Alignment with central architecture functions. Multiple stakeholder management.
- Leading the design and technical implementation of solutions and underlying platforms across National Sales Company UK landscape with an emphasis on simplification and standardization.
- Alignment and implementation of platform initiatives and transformation (Public Cloud and Mainframe transformation)
- Interface with internal DevOps teams, externally provided DevOps teams in a variety of locations
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies and architectural principles including collaboration with EMEA Regional Services and Group Centres of Competence.
- Championing automation, security by design and reducing total cost of ownership where appropriate.
- Designing reusable products that can be provided to markets across the Group.
- Act as a representative for the technical community. Key influencer of strategic implementation and direction.
- Ensuring creation and updating of documents and knowledge base within JIRA and Confluence in line with agile methods. Ensure adherence to Group requirements including compliance with relevant ITPM standards and processes.
You should have the following skills/experiences/competencies as the Solutions Architect:
- Assimilate and prioritise information from a variety of sources and team members to deliver innovative, creative solutions to provide business value, reduce technical debt whilst maintaining operational stability. Solving problems in a multi-disciplinary team are essential with the ability to take initiative and self-manage.
- Demonstrable experience in Solution and Technical Architecture across application and infrastructure.
- Strong background in web application architecture and enterprise integration, focusing on RESTFul APIs, Event Driven Architecture, containerisation, and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- In-depth experience of working within an agile environment and agile toolchains including JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket. GitHub.
- Experience leading technical teams through the application design lifecycle.
- Exposure to the Financial Services industry and implementation of changes to major systems.
- Proven ability to engage with a variety of IT teams and suppliers to achieve successful outcomes.
- First-hand experience with many of the below technologies and tools:
- Public Cloud (preferably AWS)
- Platform as a Service (Kubernetes/ Fargate on AWS/ Azure).
- Containerization (e.g., Docker).
- CI / CD Pipelines (Jenkins/ GitHub).
- Security implementation, OpenID/ OAuth
- Java 11+, Quarkus, Kafka, Angular
- Transactional Datastores (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- NoSQL Datastores
- Enterprise Design Patterns/ Integration Patterns
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now if you have a background in DevOps, AWS, Project transitions, Cloud/Web Applications, or Solutions Architecture. If you have any questions about the Solutions’ Architect role, please contact Jordyn Disspain at Jonathan Lee Recruitment using Jordyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.