£30,405 - £40,000 DOE
over 1 year ago
Software Test Engineer - 26558
Salary: £30,405 to £40,000
Location: Wiltshire , South West
Posted Date: 12/06/2019
Expiry Date: 12/07/2019
Our client`s Software Engineers continuously improve the way our owners interact with their machines, and this is integral to our owner’s engagement with our products. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Connected Products with advanced software and app platforms are cementing our client`s place as a pioneering global technology organisation. We are looking for Software Testers to ensure the Products software represent the Quality and Reliably of our client`s brand and can correctly respond when controlled by an external device like a Mobile App or Cloud server.
We work in a supportive environment where the team is embracing new techniques to improve itself and grow capability. We’re looking for someone who shares this ethic, expresses a desire to develop test strategies to verify complex and diverse implementations across a variety of products (Environmental, Lighting, Health & Beauty). You must be aware of SW verification methodologies and techniques, ideally with a background in embedded products, comfortable with high-level design and discussions with Developers.
- Execute Automated Software Regression Tests using Python on Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino platforms
- Extend Unattended Automated Testing with new features developed during an Agile Sprint
- Implement Software Verification techniques around a PCB using emulators or a complete product
- Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for Software/Wi-Fi or new technologies
- Own the test area and be responsible for the software quality level
- Automated Reporting of Test Results, Requirement Traceability and Escaped Defect Metrics with TestRail
- Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
Skills & Experience
- Verification experience of code written in C/C++/Python, or Wi-Fi connected products.
- Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem space.
- Experience of Raspberry Pi/Arduino or similar, scripting languages Python/Perl
- Agile, providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
- Wide experience and knowledge base of verification tools, their suitability and capability.
- Persistent nature, inquisitive attitude and results driven.
- Creative and product focussed ability to generate numerous concepts for new technologies
- Very good organisational skills - able to plan ahead and to prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
Please send your CV with salary expectations and notice period to David Powers