about 1 month ago
Jonathan Lee Recruitment requires a Software Test Engineer to join a world famous cutting edge technology company based in Bristol or Hullavington (optional) on a permanent basis. They have flexible working with a minimum expectation of 2 days on site a week.
(My client is willing to pay for relocation costs up to 8% of annual salary)
Sponsorship is also available for this position for candidates currently in the UK with an existing valid visa. Please do not apply if you don't have the minimum requirement of a UK Visa as you will be rejected.
We own and develop a Smart home app, which is at the forefront of our IoT experience. We are proud of what we have built so far; we have an App Store and Google Play rating of 4.5 and 4.3 stars respectively, we have more than 1 million active users worldwide and our IoT platform has over 3 million connected machines. We have huge ambition to grow this platform and as we connect more machines from more categories the challenge is significant.
There are 5 app teams, located in the UK and Singapore, each with up to 6 mobile developers and 3 test automation engineers, plus a scrum master and product owner. We all come from a variety of educational backgrounds and experience levels; not all of us are computer science graduates. We believe that teams composed of people from diverse backgrounds are more successful and innovative.
Our teams have the autonomy to manage their own work using Scrum or Kanban frameworks, each honing their ways of working through regular retrospectives and knowledge sharing. We all share a commitment to creating high-quality code, and engineers choose to follow practices such as pair programming, mobbing, and test-driven development. We also regularly share our knowledge and interests peer-to-peer through 'community meetings', which have led to the adoption of new technologies and improved cross-team collaboration.
We often need to interact with people from different parts of the business, such as embedded software and the cloud teams, so we plan in 5-sprint 'increments', based on the best bits of the Scaled Agile Framework. This gives us more visibility of upcoming work while remaining responsive, and allows us to collaborate effectively with other teams within our 11,000-person organisation.
Mutual trust and respect between team members is important to build a supportive environment where people can do their best work. Our teams understand themselves well enough to make decisions about how they work; everyone's contribution is vital.
Besides being software professionals, we are also people who enjoy playing online or board games, heading out to lunchtime yoga classes, recording our latest run on Strava or just catching up over coffee. The last year has been a challenge, but we have maintained and strengthened our culture while working through the various lockdowns with virtual events, an informal team newsletter and an empathetic attitude to the needs of individuals.
We are on the lookout for Test Engineers to join our mobile app team. Communication, collaboration, self-evaluation and a desire to improve are second nature to you, and you value good engineering practises. You understand the need to deliver robust, testable code balanced against the need to deliver fast.
We write our unit tests with JUnit, Robolectric and Mockito, and our UI tests are written in Kotlin using the Espresso framework with Kakao.
Unit tests are written with XCTest and RxTest, and we write our automated UI tests in Swift using XCUITest.
We also have a handful of cross platform appium tests written in ruby, but we are migrating away from these in favour of XCUITest and Espresso.
Unit and UI tests are written as part of each story to ensure we maintain an up to date and comprehensive set of automated tests with no test debt. We complement our automated tests with exploratory testing, involving both developers and testers in order to uncover issues quickly.
What you'll be doing
- Working with your fellow engineers to contribute to features and improvements to our app, ensuring they are tested, robust and scalable
- Working with colleagues from other disciplines, including developers, product owners, Scrum Masters, UX/UI designers, and software engineers in our cloud and embedded teams
- Sharing knowledge within the app team to develop your skills and competencies and those of your teammates
- Identifying new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards and quality
- Writing UI automation tests
- Coordinating exploratory testing sessions
- Monitoring and prioritising bugs
- Keeping the scrum team focused on a quality first mindset
- You're interested in how technology can improve the environments people live in
- You're a collaborative person that believes in the Agile principles and how they can help empowered teams deliver the best software
- You've contributed quality UI test code to commercial projects
- You're passionate about learning new things and sharing those things with others
- You embrace change and can be flexible in your approach to problems
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Subsidised café and restaurants
If this is of interest please send me your latest CV and mobile number. My contact details are - Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07947 344040
We also have a £300 referral reward scheme for successfully placed engineers. Please send me any colleagues or friends who you think might be suitable.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.