Software Test and Development Engineers are required with experience in Electrical Engineering for leading automotive OEM on a long-term contract role based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for either the development and maintenance of Test Plans and supporting materials (Test Scenarios, Test Cases/Scripts, Test Data) or Manage software requirements. This includes issue management, change requests and oversee associated validation. You will Liaise with controls and software engineers, subsystem owners, and validation teams to ensure robust delivery of the software and systems.
You should have some of the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of software requirements, V-development cycle
- Automotive or technical Engineering background in related industry
- Excellent communication skills, dealing or leading suppliers or outsourced projects
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
- Change management tools (e.g. IBM Rational DOORS, RTC or similar)
- Knowledge of electrical architectures and protocols including CAN bus, Flexray, automotive diagnostics and related system development tools (CANalyzer, CANape, diagnostics tools etc.).
- Development of test plans and reporting against progress
- Conduct and support model in the loop and component hardware (ECU) in the loop testing
- Ideally educated to a degree level
- Solid background in testing with proven experience of leading testing and assurance teams in complex Programme environments.
- Proven experience in metrics development, reporting and root cause analysis / recommendations.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the development lifecycle and testing approaches and techniques (manual and automated), using both Agile and Waterfall development methods.