Position: Software Test Analyst
Location: Newtown, Wales
Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary, bonus & benefits. Relocation support is also available for suitable candidates. We can also offer full development & career progression including Chartered Engineer status.
We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customer's machines and processes. You will work with a a highly effective and tightly knit software test team; part of the R&D function of a world renowned technology leader in industrial automation.
The Role: Software Test Analyst
- Working closely with development teams, testing new embedded-software and PC-based configuration and programming tools for our range of market leading products.
- Responsible for the test approach on a project.
- Planning testing, proving fit for purpose, finding and documenting bugs, championing quality.
- Articulate and educated, able to challenge without confrontation and support without ego.
- An interest in software development with some experience in testing applications-software or embedded-software.
- Preferably, a working knowledge of Industrial Automation products - drives, controllers or PLCs.
- Coding or scripting experience e.g. Python, C/C++, Codesys.
- Software testing over the full SDLC; ideally with devices or PC applications.
- Design and build test environments for testing products
- Manage document reviews on projects
- Work in a multi-project environment
- Work to agreed timescales and project plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diplomacy and tact in the pursuit of getting things done
- Efficient and focused and capable of working unsupervised if needed
- Ability to take responsibility, when needed, to drive tasks through to completion
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply for the Software Test Analyst vacancy please email your CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.