Title: Software System Integration Engineer
Salary Range: £28.10 - £30.70 /hr Ltd Co
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Infotainment & Connected Car - Software System Integration Engineer
The primary responsibility for this role is to support system integration activities.
- Lead early integration workshop to bring up new technologies and interfaces.
- Manage cross partner team to deliver integration projects.
- Work with design and architecture team to understand the system requirements and design
- Create and execute system integration test cases and look for methods to automate where possible
- Lead or engage in code reviews for critical issues.
- Lead design reviews for critical issues.
- Create and Manage Issue in the Issue management toolset
- Lead critical issue management and resolution with appropriate stakeholder engagement
- Support teams with regular analysis of start up, shutdown, system performance, system resource reviews
- Support change management activities to ensure rapid turnaround of key systems issues
- Lead early vehicle system integration
- Interfacing with external ECU owners to resolve issues at a vehicle system level
3 KEY SKILLS
- Software development or integration for Linux or QNX platforms
- Software System Test development
- Software test automation or scripting experience
- Experience in development or integration for Linux/QNX platform.
- Experience in development or integration of VMs and Hypervisors
- Experience in using Issue management tools (e.g. IBM Clear Quest, JIRA)
- Experience in using Version Control system (e.g. GIT, IBM Clear Case)
- Experience in Communication protocol (e.g. APIX, Ethernet, CAN). Experience in shell scripting Experience in test design
- Experience in debugging (GDB, Strace etc) and root cause analysis under critical timeline
- Experience in CPU/GPU performance monitoring and improvements
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, pro-active, demonstrates initiative, with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Capable of working in a reactive and pressured environment where rapid turnaround of issues is expected
- Candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines
- An ability to work independently and to prioritise
- Ability to work with a variety of business partners and our offshore engineering group
- Experience in data analysis using Excel
- Full driving Licence
- Experience in UML/SysML is desirable, but not mandatory
- Proficient in coding language is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Proficient in device driver`s integration is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Previous Infotainment experience is desirable, but not essential
- Experience with vehicle lines and program is desirable, but not mandatory
If you are interested in this position please apply now.