- Sector: Electronics & Embedded
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: Paul Coates
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 07947 342592
- Duration: permenant
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61951
Jonathna Lee Recruitment are looking for a Software QA for a Consumer Electronics IoT company based in Derbyshire which is commtubale either from Nottingham or Derby, the role details are below.
Job Purpose The role will be to provide software quality assurance to the business from within the Product Innovation Team, and deliver software test strategies and solutions for their portfolio.
This will involve the development, delivery and maintenance of detailed test plans across the portfolio. The role will involve working closely within a team of cross-disciplined developers and engineers, as well as the wider business and selected third party service providers, to ensure delivery of high quality products. The role will cover new product development, feature improvement and post-development support. Accountabilities Product Innovation Team Accountabilities - Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across the PIT team on all aspects of research & development to help in delivering their Vision.
- Contribute to the progress of the Company by actively working towards personal and company operational plans.
- Contribute to the development of a cross-functional R&D team to ensure that all processes are completed timely and accurately.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the R&D team and across the business, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships within internal departments, external customers, suppliers and partners, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the Company maintains a consistent, transparent, legally compliant and ethical approach in all aspects of its business and day to day operational activities.
- Embody the `One Team` approach and communicate effectively across the Product Innovation Team and all other functional areas.
- Comply with all Ramtech and Halma policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, ISO Quality Standards, Information Security and HR Policies & Procedure and Customer codes of practice. 3 Functional Role Accountabilities
- Co-ordination of the overall software test plan at Ramtech as part of the PIT software team
- Taking ownership of the testing element of NPD projects, and assisting with post development support
- Developing a software QA test strategy and championing this throughout the business.
- Planning and documenting test criteria, coding scripts in accordance with the test strategy.
- Controlling and maintaining suitable testing environments and the software release process.
- Recording test progress and results, with appropriate document management and version control in place.
- Ensure continuous improvement through established best practices.
- Manage any outsourcing requirements of software testing. Skills / Experience
- Experience of working in an NPI / Test / Quality engineering environment.
At least 2 years experience in the following:
- Designing and Delivering software test solutions.
- A Software QA role or similar environment
- Enthusiastic, committed with strong communication and listening skills with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptability and willingness to continually improve and explore the feasibility of research development
- Strong organisational and listening skills, with a genuine passion for technology and appetite to learn
- Excellent PC skills in Outlook/Word and Excel. Understanding of Jira and agile project methodology
- Experience of added value technical products / solutions with a quality focus and technical bias
- A team player with a friendly inclusive approach
Suitably qualified and experienced Software QA should apply by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44 (0) 1926963292 or by emailing their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.