Title: Software Programming Research Engineer
Division: Advanced Engineering
Contract Position based at: Warwick University
You will work in a cross functional team of Project managers, Human Factors Experts, Engineers and Designers to deliver working prototypes to a high standard.
- Provide high quality software solutions.
- Provide accurate time scale estimates and risk assessments as input to the project planning process.
- Providing software that is maintainable by others
- Reporting of progress made.
- Work and communicate openly and effectively within the team environment.
- Manage workload effectively
3 KEY SKILLS
- Competent Programmer (multiple languages)
- Graphical / UX software (Qt, Unity)
- Embedded Systems
- Object Orientated design
- QT QML (Not essential but extremely beneficial)
- Experience of working in the automotive industry or similar within a research or advanced product development environment is desirable but not essential
- Android/iOS development
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with CAN data logging tools
- Arduino platform
- Experience of structured design methods and processes
- 3D modelling suites such as Blender/3DStudioMax/Maya
Educated to degree level or higher in a software engineering or computer science related discipline.
Professional Skills required:
- Strong English language skills, written and spoken word.
- Good analytical ability.
- Organised, process-driven approach to design
- Cultural Awareness.