Software Integration and Applications Engineer - Northampton - £Competitive DOE
This is a great opportunity for a talented and ambitious Software Integration and Applications Engineer to work for a company renowned for delivering technologically innovative engineering solutions across industry sectors.
Working within the Build and Test department, you will provide robust innovative software solutions at an Engineer or Senior Engineer level.
As Software Integration and Applications Engineer - you will be required to
- Take the lead on technical improvement projects across the site providing best practice software related advice to others.
- Develop standalone software applications & utilities to facilitate efficiency improvement in day to day testing and data production & storage.
- Produce tailored applications to facilitate test cell automation, remote unmanned running and reliably transfer data to a centralised networked storage
- Investigate, support and resolve software related issues personally or by working with external suppliers.
- Support the specification, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Have responsibility for off-the-shelf software used on the test cell PC's. Define, develop & follow standards for code writing and test script writing.
- Work closely with the electronics based members of the I&C team to understand how the system hardware interacts with the system software. This is with a particular focus on being able to quickly identify if a problem is software or hardware based.
As Software Integration and Applications Engineer - you will have
- Experience in automation control software and/or application development.
- Familiarity with the importance of modular code, validation and testing and comprehensive documentation.
- A proven record of software project management.
- The ability to think strategically and be business focused.
Suitably qualified and experienced Software Integration and Application Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.