Software Engineering Manager
We have an extremely interesting role for a Software Engineering Manager, reporting to the Head of Engineering to manage the members of the Software Engineering team and the technical direction of the software elements for a world leading sub-systems supplier to the Rail industry's products along with delivering software into a systems environment based at their facility in Melksham.
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage the Software team working closely with the other Engineering Managers and supporting the UK business, as required, as part of a systems / product development environment or in-service support.
- Manage technology partnerships with global KB locations for Group products supplied in the UK.
- Lead the Software Engineering team to deliver objectives and commitments and engagement with customers to offer technical support.
- Develop the team in using latest techniques and technology.
- Control expenditure within the Software Engineering team against an agreed budget.
- Coordinate technical support to Production, Marketing, Sales and/or other departments.
- Be able to travel domestically and abroad as the job dictates.
Professional experience and qualifications:
- Engineering degree and experience in an engineering environment.
- Proficient at using appropriate IT systems.
- Deep understanding of requirements management and defensive programming techniques.
- Knowledge of safety-related real-time software development and appropriate design techniques.
- Experience in architecting embedded systems using the C or C++ language.
- Salary - £40,000 to £60,000 negotiable dependent upon experience
- Pension Plan plus benefits
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192 Rail01